Advanced Certificate Course in Teaching English for speakers of Other Languages
Become a qualified English Language Teacher
Advanced Certificate Course in Teaching English for speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is the scientific study of how English can be taught for non-native speakers of English. TESOL programs are conducted by internationally recognized universities with Departments of Modern Linguistics. As NIBM has now partnered with one of the best universities in UK to offer a BA Special Degree in English & TESOL, the ACTESOL will be the ideal pathway to enter the degree and to become a professionally qualified English Language Teacher.
This Course is for
- Those who wish to follow the BA (Hons.) English & TESOL Degree.
- Those who aspire to become English teachers locally or abroad.
- Those who are interested in TESOL, English Language Studies or Literature.
- Earn both locally & internationally recognized qualification in TESOL.
- Enhance & develop a deeper insight & understanding into TESOL & Applied Linguistics.
- Start practicing as an apprentice English teacher.
- Continue the path in reading up to the first degree & then to Post Graduate qualification in TESOL.
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Applied Linguistics Methodologies
- Principles of language teaching
- Language, Culture & Mind
Earn a Certificate
- You'll need to complete the activities, quizzes and the final practical test.
- Pass mark is 40 from all the evaluations.
- Anyone who is interested in the field of TESOL may follow the programme; however, if the student has a minimum of ‘B’ pass for O/L English or any other equivalent qualification, that would be an added advantage.
- A teacher in service.
- Access to a computer with an internet connection.
Ms. Erandi Harischandra
Consultant / Lecturer (NIBM Colombo)
Former University Lecturer (ELTU Colombo)
MA in Linguistics - University of Kelaniya
BA (English sp.) - University of Colombo
Diploma in Education –MOHE & IDM
TKT – University of Cambridge
Tel : 0770605917
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org