Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship (Indian Institute of Management - Visakhapatnam)
About the Program
This one-year Program – “Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship” course will be offered by the Institute (IIM Visakhapatnam) in partnership with National Institute of Business Management (NIBM), Sri Lanka. The Institute will teach 4 out of the 5 academic modules. The project component will be designed by the Institute; administered and evaluated jointly by the Institute and NIBM, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
Objectives of the Program
- To foster entrepreneurship and the spirit of creativity and innovation in the cohort.
- To equip the participants with the management concepts to start a venture, and scale it up.
- To provide them with the essential knowledge and skills required for an entrepreneurial journey from idea-generation to idea-implementation.
- Structed inputs, sharing of knowledge, experiences and best practices; guidance and mentorship, conducive to experiential learning.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship - Prof . Sushil Kumar
- Legal Framework and Practices for Entrepreneurs - Ms . Bhagya Silva
- Sales & Marketing for Entrepreneurs - Prof . Vivek Madupu
- Managing people and Behaviour in new Ventures - Prof . Bishakha Majumdar
- Entrepreneurial Finance - Prof . Mohammad Shameem Jawed
- Project [Do Your Venture] - Prof . Mohammad Shameem Jawed (Classroom session); Periodic Review (All Module Leaders)
The Project Module is divided into two halves:
- Classroom Sessions: Do Your Venture (Launch Pad/Workshop Mode) – 2 Weeks
- Sessions on Introduction to do your Venture & Idea Generation: ‘Brainstorming’ Vs ‘Painstorming’ process.
- Session on Idea Validation and Evaluation
- Session on Translating the Idea into Business Plan – The Lean Canvas Model
- Choices and opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs: Examples from India & Sri Lanka & Project Guidelines
- Practical Implementation:Do Your Venture: 5.5 Months
- In this part of the course the participants would work on their respective ventures and implement the learnings from the academic module on implementation of their venture ideas.
- There will be periods review-cum mentorship sessions from the IIMV faculty
- NIBM will organise periodic workshops/webinars/networking sessions with local industry ecosystem and successful entrepreneurs
Earn a Certificate
- On successful completion of the academic modules and project work, the Institute will award the “Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship”.
- Part Payments and Online Payments Options are available
- Any Student after G.C.E (O/L) or G.C.E. (A/L).
- Young employees looking to start their own business.
- Undergraduates to develop their management background.
- Anyone who wishes to start their own business.
- Anyone who wishes to support their family business.
- Anyone who run start-ups
- Anyone who wishes to expand their business to the next level
Prof . Bishakha Majumdar
Ms . Bhagya Silva
Prof . Sushil Kumar
Prof . Vivek Madupu
Prof . Mohammad Shameem Jawed