Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship (Indian Institute of Management - Visakhapatnam)
About the Program
This one-year Program – “Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship” course will be offered by the Institute (IIM Visakhapatnam) in partnership with National Institute of Business Management (NIBM), Sri Lanka. The Institute will teach 4 out of the 5 academic modules. The project component will be designed by the Institute; administered and evaluated jointly by the Institute and NIBM, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
Objectives of the Program
- To foster entrepreneurship and the spirit of creativity and innovation in the cohort.
- To equip the participants with the management concepts to start a venture, and scale it up.
- To provide them with the essential knowledge and skills required for an entrepreneurial journey from idea-generation to idea-implementation.
- Structed inputs, sharing of knowledge, experiences and best practices; guidance and mentorship, conducive to experiential learning.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship - Prof . Sushil Kumar
- Legal Framework and Practices for Entrepreneurs - Ms . Bhagya Silva
- Sales & Marketing for Entrepreneurs - Prof . Vivek Madupu
- Managing people and Behaviour in new Ventures - Prof . Bishakha Majumdar
- Entrepreneurial Finance - Prof . Mohammad Shameem Jawed
- Project [Do Your Venture] - Prof . Mohammad Shameem Jawed (Classroom session); Periodic Review (All Module Leaders)
The Project Module is divided into two halves:
- Classroom Sessions: Do Your Venture (Launch Pad/Workshop Mode) – 2 Weeks
- Sessions on Introduction to do your Venture & Idea Generation: ‘Brainstorming’ Vs ‘Painstorming’ process.
- Session on Idea Validation and Evaluation
- Session on Translating the Idea into Business Plan – The Lean Canvas Model
- Choices and opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs: Examples from India & Sri Lanka & Project Guidelines
- Practical Implementation:Do Your Venture: 5.5 Months
- In this part of the course the participants would work on their respective ventures and implement the learnings from the academic module on implementation of their venture ideas.
- There will be periods review-cum mentorship sessions from the IIMV faculty
- NIBM will organise periodic workshops/webinars/networking sessions with local industry ecosystem and successful entrepreneurs
Earn a Certificate
- On successful completion of the academic modules and project work, the Institute will award the “Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship”.
LKR 130,000/= (non-refundable)
- Part Payments and Online Payments Options are available
LKR 2,000/= (non-refundable)
- Any Student after G.C.E (O/L) or G.C.E. (A/L).
- Young employees looking to start their own business.
- Undergraduates to develop their management background.
- Anyone who wishes to start their own business.
- Anyone who wishes to support their family business.
- Anyone who run start-ups
- Anyone who wishes to expand their business to the next level
Prof . Bishakha Majumdar
Ms . Bhagya Silva
Prof . Sushil Kumar
Prof . Vivek Madupu
Prof . Mohammad Shameem Jawed
SLASSCOM Women Technopreneurs forum will support this programme as the exclusive Technology Support partner by providing the required support and endorsement and outreach of the programme across all of SLASSCOM’s Member Companies. SLASSCOM will also extend their Female tech entrepreneurs as resources for the tech workshop which is a part of the Diploma, and will support/mentor participants who will select a tech project as their case study by including them to their ongoing entrepreneur development programmes. They will also support in numerous other ways and also provide Free SLASSCOM membership for participants who register a tech business