|Advanced Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance (For Working Professionals)
|Mode of Delivery
|Lectures, Case Studies, Assignments
|Medium of Instruction
|Both English and Sinhala
|Date of Commencement
|Course Fee: LKR 200,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 5,000(Bank loan facilities available)
- The Financial System
- Commercial banking
- Banking and Financial Law
- Digital Banking
- Customer Relationship Management
- Role of the Central Bank and Economic Fundamentalists
- Digital Finance
- Credit management
- Financial management
- Risk Management and compliance
- International Trade and Finance
- Non- banking financial businesses
- To provide a broad exposure to banking, finance and technology perspective and to emphasize on the disruptive technology.
- To introduce participants to the key functional areas in banking, finance and technology and to provide the required knowledge, skills and attitude shifts.
- To equip participants with the essential proficiencies of facing the challenges in contemporary business finance and banking field.
- To prepare participants for career opportunities existing in local and international organizations.
- Graduates with one year working experience
- Passed GCE (A/L) with three years of working experience
- Passed GCE (O/L) with five years of working experience
- Anyone who has successfully completed the Advanced Certificate in Digital Banking and Finance program/Advanced Certificate in Management related program at NIBM or any other recognized institution
3. Teaching and
The programme contents are delivered through lectures, classroom discussions, presentations, practical sessions, and group projects. The material for all modules taught during lessons. In most cases supporting materials, including notes, slides and sometimes videos, are made available to participants. Lecturers advise participants to do recommended reading which supplement the lecture material.
Methods of Evaluation
The method of evaluation is based on written examinations, assignments, and practical examinations. The evaluation for each module is given in the module evaluation criteria section.
The participants are evaluated based on examination at the end of the course both theoretically and practically. The participantâ€™s performance shall be evaluated by means of a written test, being of duration of three hours. Each written test shall be based on topics covered during the lecture sessions.
Assignment(s) will be given for certain modules. It may be contained with both practical and theory aspects
A candidates performance in each module will be graded according to the following grading scheme.
|Range of Marks
Participant who has received the aggregate average 40 or above is considered as pass and will be awarded a certificate, if the marks is above 60 will be awarded a merit certificate and if the mark is above 70 for each module will be awarded a distinction.
All exams and assessments (except where team effort is required and as such specified) are to be individual work with no discussion or collaboration with others permitted. In-class assignments may be either individual or group work as directed by the lecturer. Students are expected to adhere to the code of conduct as outlined in the NDH lifestyle campus. Any incidents of academic misconduct such as cheating, plagiarism, copying others work, or other inappropriate assistance on examinations will be treated with zero tolerance and will result in a grade of "F" for the course. Breaches of academic integrity may also result in other action being taken by the Institute.